Flyy Drexler

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Interview with D.I.V.

 
 
 
Although D.I.V. is a New York based rapper, his music has been getting a huge buzz and a lot of attention in all regions of the U.S. and even across seas when his music was recently played on terrestrial radio in France.  His single "Puff Pass" was named the Weed Smoking Anthem of 2012 in some of the most popular Hip Hop and Music Blogs on the Web, and his mixtape The Vision's The Foundation presented by The Legendary Ron G. has been getting tons of great reviews, and while D.I.V.'s name continues to grow and gets larger, The Carolina Inquirer reaches out to the rising artist for a one on one interview to discuss his music, plans for the future and more!  Read all about what he has to say here.....
 
 
The Carolina Inquirer:  In your own words how would you define yourself as an artist?
D.I.V.:  I have a unique and original sound, im prolific, my style is raw, smooth and lyrical.
 
 
The Carolina Inquirer:  Songs from your mixtape The Vision's The Foundation has been getting a lot of love from New York and expanding to other parts of the globe through the Internet and most recently the songs from the project have been getting spins on the radio in France, and just recently you guest hosted a popular hip hop mixshow in France, DJ Modesty's The Real Hip Hop Show and because of the love you have been getting overseas recently are you planning to do any shows over in those markets in the near future?
D.I.V.:  I am definitely aiming to. Nothing is final, but we are working on it. DJ Modesty definitely showed a lot of love and it is appreciated. I would love to work on more stuff and expand my markets. I love the fact that hip hop is still so raw and uncommericalized outside of the U.S.
 
 
The Carolina Inquirer:  Have you ever performed down here in The Carolina?
D.I.V.:  No, not yet, but I definitely will be in the future
 
 
The Carolina Inquirer:  Have you collaborated with anyone down here in the south?
D.I.V.:  I have worked with Hoody Gee from New Orleans, and his brother Mayo the Monsta.
 
 
The Carolina Inquirer:  Are you familiar with any North or South Carolina recording artists or producers? If so, who are you feeling?
D.I.V.:  9th Wonder is incredible... I respect J Cole and Little Brother... I am really not too much more familiar though.
 
 
The Carolina Inquirer:  What does D.I.V. like to get into besides music?
D.I.V.:  P*##$Y lol...
 
 
The Carolina Inquirer:  You have gotten a lot of press for your single "Puff, Pass" which blogs and websites are calling the Weed Smoking Anthem of 2012, in your opinion what is one of the best weed smoking rap songs you've heard?
D.I.V.:  Probably Styles P - Blow Your Mind, I also love Rakim - Mohagony... I feel like music is general just enhanced smoking and vice versa.
 
 
The Carolina Inquirer:  What's next for D.I.V.?
D.I.V.:  I got a ridiculous solo project coming in December, I have new videos and singles dropping soon, and I have a dope mixtape with my brother Nuf $ed.
 
 
The Carolina Inquirer:  Is there anything else you would like to plug in this interview?
D.I.V.: http://www.destinyinvision.com/ and youtube.com/user/itssood
 
 
 
 
Get Your Music Heard by More DJs Around the World

No comments:

Post a Comment